Apr 12, 2012
Author: SBC Photos: John Scarth
The post where we’ll squeeze a Top 5 list from the shreds and heads of the snowboarding world. GIMME FIVE!
Chris Rasman is a beast on a board. He has man-handled some of the biggest jumps and heaviest terrain the world has to offer. That being said, don’t think that he doesn’t know how to enjoy a mellow hit with the crew. After all, even the pros know that riding with your friends and talking junk on the lift is what snowboarding is all about. Chris Rasman gives up his 5 favorite resorts in todays, GIMME Five!
1. Whistler/Blackcomb “I am going to have to say Whistler Blackcomb, despite how crowded it can get. Its just got everything. Insane on hill terrain, great backcountry, great snow, great parks, good places to eat, drink, DANCE and party. Plus I know it better than anywhere else.
2. Revelstoke Mountain Resort “Enough said. The hype is real. I just hope it doesn't blow up too much.”
3. Mount Baker “Another gem with a shit-load of shred history. It has a cool vibe, and some of the best in bounds terrain I have ever seen. It’s just super jagged and it’s loaded with features and stuff to jump off. Plus, it holds one of the best contests in snowboard history, The Legendary Mount Baker Banked Slalom.”
4. White Water Resort “It may not have a lot of chairlifts, or any high speed quads, but if you’re okay doing a bit of hiking, this place pays off. Amazing pillows, mini AK style lines, and tree riding. Not to mention plenty of friendly locals willing to pick your dumb ass up for missing the last chair ride up.”
5. Japan, Hokaido “Not a resort, but Japan in general. Hokaido. The highway "sidecountry", and insane pow you can ride there is a must to check out. Just once in your lifetime. Champagne snow, pillow poppers, and gladded tree riding. Its all time. Just be prepared to hike for your turns.”
Honorable Mention. Mike Wiegeles Heli “If you have got the cash for it, this place is also amazing. Insane terrain, cool guides and great food. You get treated like a king.”