It would be a scary world if we all possessed the accelerated healing powers of Wolverine. While some men are embedded with will and spirit that can power through any injury, what Beau Bishop went through last year would have had most of us throwing in our towels.
In the winter of 2011 Beau miss-calculated the speed on a road-gap leaving him with serious internal injuries and an ankle needing complete reconstruction. On the comeback trail, Beau spent this past winter filming with SBC for, Relax, a free full-length feature we’ll be releasing this fall.
I caught up with Beau to get his personal favourite comebacks in this week’s, Gimme Five!
Beau Bishop sending it into Gods gift to snowboarders.
1. John Cardiel “I recently watched his episode of Epicly Later'd on Netflix and it was amazing to see this guy’s comeback, it was inspiring to say the least. He was told he would never walk again by his doctors so he taught himself to walk again, and even casually skate. Cardiel just seems to have an amazing attitude towards life in general.”
2. Chris Dufficy “Duffman had a comeback year filming for True Life, it was one of the first videos I owned, and Duff's part always got my hyped. He just always has the best attitude - he still kills it every time he touches a snowboard. Big ups to Dufficy!”
3. Kevin Pearce “Seeing Kevin bounce back from being in a coma was inspiring to say the least. It’s always hard seeing someone go down in the snowboard community and Kevin went down hard. Everybody is super glad to see him back on a snowboard.”
4. The medium/normal fitting snowboard pant – “I think the really baggy pants have almost fully phased out, and I'm are seeing a little less uber tight pants on the hills these days… which is nice.”
5. Toronto Maple Leafs “Okay I know this comeback hasn't happened yet, but when it does... it will be a sweet day for us Leafs faithful.”